Remember the cootie catchers of our youth? They told us who we would marry. And – spoiler alert here – they don’t actually work. Despite the assertion of a cootie catcher one of the authors remembers fondly from 6th grade, she never did, in fact, marry Darrin Praeger.
The SJFB cootie catcher will not offer you the names of potential future partners, but will remind you of a number of techniques, both verbal and physical, that you can use in setting boundaries, both verbal and physical.
So have fun! So see below for our cootie catcher you can print, cut, fold, and give away! These make a great stocking stuffer or embellishment for your gift wrapped package. Remember, ‘tis the season for setting the boundaries you want!
Wishing you a safe, healthy and happy holiday season,
Martha McCaughey and Jill Cermele
SJFB Cootie Catcher Instructions:
- Print and cut round outside of cootie catcher
- Fold in half and in half again
- Open out, turn over so top is blank and fold each corner into the middle
- Turn over and repeat
- Turn over so you can see the pictures
- Slide your thumb and your finger behind 2 of the pictures and press together so they bend round and touch
- Turn over and repeat with the thumb and finger of the other hand for the other two pictures
- All the pictures should now be at the front with centres touching and you are ready to use your cootie catcher!
with thanks for the template to www.downloadablecootiecatchers.wordpress.com