Remember the cootie catchers of our youth? They told us who we would marry. And – spoiler alert here – they don’t actually work. Despite the assertion of a cootie catcher one of the authors remembers fondly from 6th grade, she never did, in fact, marry Darrin Praeger.
The SJFB cootie catcher will not offer you the names of potential future partners, but will remind you of a number of techniques, both verbal and physical, that you can use in setting boundaries, both verbal and physical.
So have fun! So see below for our cootie catcher you can print, cut, fold, and give away! These make a great stocking stuffer or embellishment for your gift wrapped package. Remember, ‘tis the season for setting the boundaries you want!
Wishing you a safe, healthy and happy holiday season,
Martha McCaughey and Jill Cermele
SJFB Cootie Catcher Instructions:
- Print and cut round outside of cootie catcher
- Fold in half and in half again
- Open out, turn over so top is blank and fold each corner into the middle
- Turn over and repeat
- Turn over so you can see the pictures
- Slide your thumb and your finger behind 2 of the pictures and press together so they bend round and touch
- Turn over and repeat with the thumb and finger of the other hand for the other two pictures
- All the pictures should now be at the front with centres touching and you are ready to use your cootie catcher!
with thanks for the template to www.downloadablecootiecatchers.wordpress.com
- “The point really should be to get T-Rex to be more peaceful.”
- “What would you do if Triceratops had an Iguanodon with him?”
- “What if you’d been eating ferns and conifer all night, and were just too full to be able to defend yourself?”
- “Why don’t I just dress up like T-Rex and let you practice on me?”
- “If you’d just stay out of T-Rex territory, everything would be fine.”
- “Isn’t this just a waste of time? You’re an herbivore, he’s a carnivore…That’s just the way it is.”
- “Maybe you should get a nice Brontosaurus to walk you home. Otherwise, you’re just asking for trouble.”
- “You know, I’ve always thought it would be a turn-on to be knocked out by a sexy Stegosaurus.”
- “When a T-Rex attacks you and feeds on your bloody carcass, it just means he likes you.”
- “Well, all these skills you’re learning are well and good until a giant asteroid hits the Earth.”